Important Things About Your Stay
Below is a list of things to know and to bring in order to maximize your enjoyment at El Cosmico. If you have questions, feel free to call us at (432) 729-1950.
- Lobby hours are 8am - midnight daily. Check in starts at 3pm and check out is by noon. If you are not able to check in during these hours it is important that you call the front desk at (432) 729-1950 so we can plan to leave an after-hours check in packet for you on the front door.
- If you are bringing your bicycle, tire slime or thorn resistant tubes are a must. These products are not always readily available in Marfa, so plan to come prepared.
- Well-behaved dogs are always welcome at El Cosmico. There is a $10 fee.
- Quiet hours start at 11pm.
- No open fires or outside alcohol are allowed at El Cosmico.
- Marfa is located in the high plains desert, at an altitude of 4800 ft. When reserving accommodations between November and March, please keep in mind that evening temperatures may fall below 32 degrees. When temperatures drop below freezing, the pipes at the outdoor bath houses will freeze.
- A flashlight
- Closed-toed, hard-soled shoes
- In the warm months, a lightweight, light-colored long sleeve shirt is helpful against the high altitude sun
- Lip balm – skin gets very dry at high altitudes
- Heavy jackets are encouraged for all campers in the winter, and extra blankets are recommended for winter tent, safari tent and tepee campers.